Sessions with a Therapist
People have preconceptions about what it might be like working with a counsellor or therapist – which are not true, and can stop many from working with a professional, even when they're suffering with poor mental health or behavioural patterns that are negatively impacting their life.
We hope to reassure you and give you an idea of what it might be like if you booked a session.
Firstly, sessions last for 1 hour or 1 ½ hours. Most people can be helped in 4 to 6 sessions – some people need only one or two and others with more complex difficulties may require more. Our aim is to help you in as few sessions as possible.
What can you expect from working with us?
All of us work with the same approach and we will:
- Ensure that you start to feel better immediately – we don't believe you have to feel worse before you can feel better
- Offer practical techniques to deal with mental and emotional distress
- Use knowledge from your past to help you move on, rather than dwelling on it endlessly
- Deal swiftly with trauma from the past using a technique that avoids your having to speak of all the details
- Teach you how to relax so that you can deal better with life's challenges
- Give you useful information about the neurology and biology of your difficulty, should it be helpful
- Help you identify areas where your needs are not being well met and why this is so
- Work out realistic and achievable goals for you
- Agree on the best strategies for you to use
- Help you to use and develop your own resources
- Help you to develop valuable life skills which will enable you to make changes and move on
If you have a question or are unsure about whether therapy or counselling is right for you, please ask. Call Jenny (07745 730341) or Gail (07985 302483) – or email email@example.com
Complete confidentiality will be maintained at all times unless there is significant risk of harm to yourself or others.
How to book a session
▷ Send us an email request and we will reply within 24 hours (excluding weekends)
▷ Leave a message on our landline answerphone (01904 637199) and we will get back to you within 24 hours (excluding weekends)
▷ Ring Gail (07985 302483) or Jenny (07745 730341) for a preliminary chat or some advice
▷ Contact any of the Therapists directly
Sessions with Gail cost £95 for an hour and £125 for an hour and a half.
Sessions with Jenny, Ruth, Debbie and Colin cost £80 for an hour or £110 for an hour and a half.
Sessions with Brigit and Patrick cost £70 for an hour and £95 for an hour and a half.
We recommend booking a 90 minute session for the first appointment, but this is not essential. Most subsequent sessions last an hour, but will be mutually agreed with the individual therapist prior to each appointment.
We take payment by cash, cheque or card.
Please be aware that a charge is made for all missed appointments.
Cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice are charged at the full rate.
Outcome Measures and Evidence Based Practice
We use recognised outcome measures to evaluate the effectiveness of our therapy. This will help both you and the therapist keep track of your progress.